Wendy Corona joined Channel 2 Action News family in January 2013. She anchors the Channel 2 Action at 6 and the Channel 2 Action News Nightbeat on weekends with Craig Lucie and reports throughout the metro area during the week.
Before moving to Atlanta, Wendy worked at WFAA in Dallas, Texas. Wendy was also an evening anchor at KPRC in Houston, Texas.
Before moving to Texas, she was the morning anchor at Local 10, the ABC affiliate in Miami. Wendy’s broadcast career began as a reporter in Yuma, Arizona followed by El Paso, Texas and Orlando, Florida.
Wendy has been a witness to many significant news events, starting in her college days being present at the O.J. Simpson murder trial.
In Florida, when all eyes were on the contested 2000 presidential election, Wendy was there deciphering “hanging chads” and tracking Florida connections to the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
Wendy was working in South Florida when a record number of hurricanes made landfall there. She is most proud of her work as a reporter in reuniting an African refugee with her long-lost family members in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Wendy also co-produced a noteworthy documentary on the Three Gorges Dam in China and the relocation of 1.3 Million people.
While anchoring morning news in Miami, Wendy had the pleasure of teaming up with Robin Roberts to support women’s heart health initiatives and appeared on Good Morning America to support the issue.
Wendy has hosted numerous special event broadcasts from sporting to philanthropic gala events. She has served as a board member for philanthropies such as the Houston Center for Literacy and Make a Wish Foundation. Wendy is especially supportive of women’s health causes and education and literacy projects targeting youth.
Born and raised in Southern California, Wendy is the daughter of Mexican immigrants and the first in her entire family to graduate from college.
Wendy graduated from the University of Southern California with a Bachelor of Arts and Science in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in Spanish. Wendy is fluent in Spanish and looks forward to sharing stories in the community with you.
- Ashes returned to family after 16 years: 'This is not a TV, this is not an Xbox'
- Planning to snap a pic of the eclipse? Be careful, it may damage your…
- Watch for ATM skimmers, police say
- Community raises money for special glasses for girl losing eyesight
- Deputies searching for person who shot, paralyzed dog
- Locked pedestrian gate traps elders inside senior living complex for hours
- Private drug dogs allow parents to search children's rooms
- Final preparations underway for largest fireworks celebration in the South
- Massive rogue fireworks display in midtown Atlanta caught on camera
- Groups push to connect Atlanta Beltline to Silver Comet Trail
- Campaign-sign pickup has already started
- Rainbow crosswalks expected to be completed next month
- Girl struggling to stand after tick bite
- Teenagers create breakthrough cancer technology
- Can you help a Georgia high school soccer team make history?
- Family unknowingly leases dog only to find out it can be repossessed anytime
- Girl who survived dog attack celebrated by emergency crews
- Couple wins fight to use Allah as child's last name
- 'Miracle baby' recovers from multiple dog attack
- Residents outraged by 'rude' letter from apartment manager
- Georgia's ‘solar power' growth gains national attention
- Prosecutors re-indict couple accused of beating foster child to death
- Urn full of woman's ashes returned to family 16 years later
- Powder Springs leaders hold groundbreaking ceremony for senior living facilities
- Henry County may create 'new city'
- Taking pictures of the eclipse could harm your phone!
- Armed men wearing masks rob Waffle House near UGA campus
- Henry County police warn citizens about credit card skimmers at banks
- Organizers advocate to rename Confederate Avenue
- Atlantans call for end to hatred in U.S. after deadly Virginia rally
- Petition demands R. Kelly cancel Atlanta concert
- Animal shelter helps dog move around after being shot with pellet gun
- Dog recovering after it was shot in the back with a BB gun
- Families are demanding the city cancel an R. Kelly show
- Thousands of DeKalb County residents to receive water bills months after…