Wendy Corona joined Channel 2 Action News family in January 2013. She anchors the Channel 2 Action at 6 and the Channel 2 Action News Nightbeat on weekends with Craig Lucie and reports throughout the metro area during the week.
Before moving to Atlanta, Wendy worked at WFAA in Dallas, Texas. Wendy was also an evening anchor at KPRC in Houston, Texas.
Before moving to Texas, she was the morning anchor at Local 10, the ABC affiliate in Miami. Wendy’s broadcast career began as a reporter in Yuma, Arizona followed by El Paso, Texas and Orlando, Florida.
Wendy has been a witness to many significant news events, starting in her college days being present at the O.J. Simpson murder trial.
In Florida, when all eyes were on the contested 2000 presidential election, Wendy was there deciphering “hanging chads” and tracking Florida connections to the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
Wendy was working in South Florida when a record number of hurricanes made landfall there. She is most proud of her work as a reporter in reuniting an African refugee with her long-lost family members in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Wendy also co-produced a noteworthy documentary on the Three Gorges Dam in China and the relocation of 1.3 Million people.
While anchoring morning news in Miami, Wendy had the pleasure of teaming up with Robin Roberts to support women’s heart health initiatives and appeared on Good Morning America to support the issue.
Wendy has hosted numerous special event broadcasts from sporting to philanthropic gala events. She has served as a board member for philanthropies such as the Houston Center for Literacy and Make a Wish Foundation. Wendy is especially supportive of women’s health causes and education and literacy projects targeting youth.
Born and raised in Southern California, Wendy is the daughter of Mexican immigrants and the first in her entire family to graduate from college.
Wendy graduated from the University of Southern California with a Bachelor of Arts and Science in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in Spanish. Wendy is fluent in Spanish and looks forward to sharing stories in the community with you.
- Campaign-sign pickup has already started
- Rainbow crosswalks expected to be completed next month
- Girl struggling to stand after tick bite
- Teenagers create breakthrough cancer technology
- Can you help a Georgia high school soccer team make history?
- Family unknowingly leases dog only to find out it can be repossessed anytime
- Girl who survived dog attack celebrated by emergency crews
- Couple wins fight to use Allah as child's last name
- 'Miracle baby' recovers from multiple dog attack
- Residents outraged by 'rude' letter from apartment manager
- Stadium food inside Braves' SunTrust Park
- Ethics complaints against councilman dismissed
- Panda twins mark new milestone by venturing outside
- This cold cap can reduce hair loss for cancer patients
- Officials address fans' traffic concerns at SunTrust Park
- Waffle House waitress who was fired for shooting gun says she's happy
- Officer with cancer brought to tears by incredible surprise
- Former Braves player unveils plan to build park, trails near Bankhead
- More than 130 pets need to find homes by Friday
- Fulton County government holds Falcons rally
- Henry County's 3rd confirmed case of rabies serves as warning to pet owners
- It's finally over -- crews removing 6th District campaign signs day…
- Congress looks to help with massive backlog of rape kits
- Henry County using record high budget to improve student experience
- Artist plans to build wall similar to one President Trump wants to build
- Mayor approves year-round rainbow crosswalk at Piedmont and 10th
- Serial burglar hits several restaurants within walking distance of each other
- Help needed identifying dead man on side of road
- Watch party packs local bar for testimony of former FBI Director James Comey
- Drivers fed up with traffic impacted by art project
- Cyber criminals could target your medical devices