Wendy Corona joined Channel 2 Action News family in January 2013. She anchors the Channel 2 Action at 6 and the Channel 2 Action News Nightbeat on weekends with Craig Lucie and reports throughout the metro area during the week.
Before moving to Atlanta, Wendy worked at WFAA in Dallas, Texas. Wendy was also an evening anchor at KPRC in Houston, Texas.
Before moving to Texas, she was the morning anchor at Local 10, the ABC affiliate in Miami. Wendy’s broadcast career began as a reporter in Yuma, Arizona followed by El Paso, Texas and Orlando, Florida.
Wendy has been a witness to many significant news events, starting in her college days being present at the O.J. Simpson murder trial.
In Florida, when all eyes were on the contested 2000 presidential election, Wendy was there deciphering “hanging chads” and tracking Florida connections to the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
Wendy was working in South Florida when a record number of hurricanes made landfall there. She is most proud of her work as a reporter in reuniting an African refugee with her long-lost family members in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Wendy also co-produced a noteworthy documentary on the Three Gorges Dam in China and the relocation of 1.3 Million people.
While anchoring morning news in Miami, Wendy had the pleasure of teaming up with Robin Roberts to support women’s heart health initiatives and appeared on Good Morning America to support the issue.
Wendy has hosted numerous special event broadcasts from sporting to philanthropic gala events. She has served as a board member for philanthropies such as the Houston Center for Literacy and Make a Wish Foundation. Wendy is especially supportive of women’s health causes and education and literacy projects targeting youth.
Born and raised in Southern California, Wendy is the daughter of Mexican immigrants and the first in her entire family to graduate from college.
Wendy graduated from the University of Southern California with a Bachelor of Arts and Science in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in Spanish. Wendy is fluent in Spanish and looks forward to sharing stories in the community with you.
- Cobb County leaders take another look at parking ordinance affecting…
- High school coach hit by truck while out for run
- Gas outages slowly ending in metro Atlanta after pipeline fix
- Man dies after getting trapped between bales of cotton
- Orphaned kangaroo ready to make appearance at north Georgia zoo
- Forsyth County father paralyzed in body-surfing accident
- CDC pushes schools to help prevent Zika spread
- Teacher struck by lightning in coma at Shepherd Center
- County running out of room to hold septic waste
- Community helps man replace stolen Purple Heart
- Delta Air Lines cancels, delays flights following system outage
- Local officers see signs of support following volatile week
- Drought affects GA peach harvest
- ‘Health care is a right, not a privilege': Congressman Lewis on eradicating AIDS
- Georgia Supreme Court decides the 'value' of a dog
- Crews recover body from Douglas County lake
- Gunman on the loose after shooting coworker, police say
- Chattahoochee Hills prepares for Many Rivers Fest
- Cobb leaders take another look at parking around SunTrust Park
- Cross country coach hit by truck while out on run
- Pipeline at center of gas outage to restart
- Robber leaves big hole in pharmacy wall
- Mayor Reed says evacuation of Federal Building due to suspicious package…
- Baby kangaroo thrives at zoo after mother dies
- MARTA plans to expand to Forsyth County
- Woman gets $1,400 bill for toll violations
- Neighbors concerned about suspicious driver following children
- Local organization plans to rebuild burned playground
- The incredible UNTOLD story of Muhammad Ali and the 1996 Olympic Flame