ATLANTA - If you’re going to the SEC Championship Game Saturday afternoon in Atlanta, you’ll want to arrive early.
Fans attending the game at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium will notice significant law enforcement presence in and around the stadium.
In addition to increased police presence, events will utilize a clear-bag policy similar to the one used in the NFL.
Channel 2 Action News and The Atlanta Journal-Constitution are your home for everything SEC Championship this week. Make sure to follow @WSBTV and @AJCSports for updates on Twitter & LIKE the official WSB-TV Facebook page!
The Georgia vs. Auburn game will be broadcast on radio by News 95.5 and AM 750 WSB.
The clear-bag policy will be in effect for both the SEC Championship Game in Mercedes-Benz Stadium and SEC FanFare in the Georgia World Congress Center.
Bags will be inspected before entry at both locations.
The gates of the Mercedes-Benz Stadium will open at 1:30 p.m. on the day of the championship game to accommodate fans arriving early.
- SEC officials warn of counterfeit tickets ahead of sold-out championship game
- Georgia-Auburn: How rematches have played out in SEC Championship Game
- Georgia and Auburn meet again in the SEC Championship
Bags must satisfy the guidelines below in order to be taken into SEC FanFare and the Mercedes-Benz Stadium:
- Bags must be clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and not exceed 12" x 6" x 12"
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Small clutch bags, no larger than 4.5" x 6.5", with or without a handle or strap are acceptable
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a small clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, seat cushions, luggage of any kind, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size (12" x 6" x 12").
Items that are typically carried in diaper or baby bags must be carried in a clear bag that meets the standards of the bag policy.
Fans may still bring items such as binoculars and cameras, provided they are not in cases, as well as smart phones into SEC FanFare and Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
CLICK HERE to read the complete release on the official SEC website.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.