ATLANTA - The Georgia Dome is slated to be demolished at 7:30 a.m. Monday.
There will not be a public viewing area, and many of the roads surrounding the blast zone will be closed for hours before and after the event.
WSB-TV is partnering with the Georgia World Congress Center Authority for a LIVE broadcast of the Georgia Dome demolition. WATCH Channel 2 Action News This Morning starting at 4:30 a.m. for LIVE Team 2 Coverage.
But before we say goodbye, we should look back on some of the best memories.
For more than two decades, the stadium played host to dozens of sporting and entertainment events -- from Super Bowls to the 1996 Olympics to U2 to Michael Jordan’s final game as a Bull in Atlanta.
The original plan was for the Dome to be imploded in July, but that plan was scrapped in April to keep the building in place as an insurance policy against further construction delays of the new stadium, Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
- WSB-TV has partnership to broadcast Georgia Dome implosion LIVE
- MARTA announces alternate service plan for Georgia Dome implosion
- Mercedes-Benz Stadium will be protected when the Georgia Dome comes down
- This is what the Georgia Dome implosion will look like
- Georgia Dome implosion set for Nov. 20 at 7:30 a.m.
The Dome’s successor, built just feet away, opened in August as the home of the NFL’s Atlanta Falcons and MLS’ Atlanta United FC.
© 2017 Cox Media Group.