WSB-TV SPORTS ZONE MONTLICK & ASSOCIATES “ATHLETE OF THE YEAR” CONTEST OFFICIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. 1. OVERVIEW: The WSB-TV Sports Zone Montlick & Associates “Athlete of the Year” Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Georgia Television Company d/b/a WSB-TV (the “Sponsor”). Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will choose up to eleven (11) “Athletes of the Week” from among all of the “Athletes of the Week” that were named during the 2012 High School Football season to become contestants in the Contest (collectively, the “Contestants”). Then, Sponsor will display videos of each selected “Athlete of the Week” on its website at www.wsbtv.com/sportszonefriday (the “Website”). From November 10, 2012 at 12:00 am EST until November 25, 2012 at 11:59 pm EST (the “Voting Period”), the public (the “Voting Participants”) will be asked to view each video and vote on their favorite “Athlete of the Week” video from among those displayed on the Website. The three (3) “Athletes of the Week” that receive the highest number of votes will be named the Finalists for the “Athlete of the Year” award. A panel of judges will then select the winner from among the Finalists. The winner will receive a trophy and the winner’s school will receive a $5,000 donation from Montlick and Associates.
2. PARTICIPATION: Employees of Sponsor, Montlick and Associates, or any other businesses associated with the promotion of the Contest, and each of their respective agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies, and members of their families or persons residing in the same household, are not eligible to become Contestants or to vote.
3. Voting Process. You may participate in the Contest during the Voting Period by visiting the Website. Then, click on the Montlick & Associates tab to view the “Athlete of the Week” videos. Then, follow the instructions on the screen to vote for your choice to win “Athlete of the Year.” The Website’s database clock will be the official time keeper for online voting in this Contest. Voting Participants may vote as often as they like provided that the use of software or other automated processes to submit multiple votes is prohibited and votes submitted by such means will be disqualified and disregarded. Multiple vote entries in excess of these limitations or mass vote entry attempts will result in disqualification of all votes by such person. Any use of automated vote entry devices or programs is prohibited. The use of multiple accounts is prohibited. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other entity responsible for assigning ISP accounts. Any questions regarding the number of entries or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by Voting Participants determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, or misdirected votes, or for failure to receive votes due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware, or software, whether originating with the Voting Participants or Sponsor.
In the event that the voting portion of the Contest is deemed by the Sponsor in its sole discretion to have been tampered with or in any way compromised, the Sponsor reserves the right to in its sole discretion to select the winner by utilizing a panel of judges.
4. “Athlete of the Year” Winner Selection and Notification Process.
The three (3) Contestants who receive the most votes will be named as Finalists in the Contest at the end of the Voting Period.
A panel of judges with experience in television production and sports broadcasting selected by Sponsors will select the “Athlete of the Year” from among the Finalists based on or about November 26, 2012. All decisions of the Contest judges are final.
The high school that is attended by the “Athlete of the Year” will be notified during normal business hours on or about November 26, 2012 at the school’s main telephone number. In order to accept and receive the “Athlete of the Year” Prize, the potential winning high school will be required to provide and/or complete the following items and send them to Sponsors within twenty-four (24) hours of notification or attempted notification: If Sponsors are unable to contact any potential winning high school of the “Athlete of the Year” using the school’s main telephone number within twenty-four (24) hours of Sponsors’ initial notification, or if any potential winning high school of the “Athlete of the Year” does not accept or qualify to receive the “Athlete of the Year” Prize as provided in these Official Rules, another potential “Athlete of the Year” will be selected based on the Criteria.
The winning high school will be responsible for immediately notifying the Contestant selected as the “Athlete of the Year” and for ensuring that the Contestant is available to tape a segment with Sponsor’s camera crew on or about November 27, 2012 on location at the school.
5. PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS AND RESTRICTIONS:
One (1) Montlick & Associates “Athlete of the Year” will be named. The high school that the “Athlete of the Year” attends will receive a Five Thousand Dollar ($5,000.00) donation, courtesy of Montlick & Associates. The student athlete named “Athlete of the Year” will receive a trophy.
Total approximate retail value of all prizes to be offered in the Contest: $5,000
The prizes are not transferable, may not be sold or bartered by the winner, are not redeemable for cash, and no substitution of prize or winner is permitted.
IN ORDER FOR THE HIGH SCHOOL ATTENDED BY THE “ATHLETE OF THE YEAR” TO RECEIVE THE $5,000.00 DONATION, AND FOR THE CONTESTANT TO BE NAMED “ATHLETE OF THE YEAR” AND RECEIVE THE TROPHY PRIZE, THE WINNING CONTESTANT MUST AGREE TO TAPE AN ADDITIONAL SEGMENT WITH WSB-TV on or about November 27, 2012 on location at the winning high school. Sponsor shall have the right, but not the obligation, to broadcast this additional segment.
6. RESERVATION OF RIGHTS: By participating, Contestants and Voting Participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of the winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
7. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By entering the Contest, Contestants and Voting Participants acknowledge and agree that the Sponsor, and its corporate parents, subsidiaries, successors, licensees, and assigns, and the owners, stockholders, predecessors, agents, directors, officers, employees, representatives, attorneys, and divisions of each, and all those for whom they are acting (collectively, the “Released Parties”) make no representations or warranties, express or implied, about any prize. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, CONTESTANTS AND VOTING PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIMS, LOSSES, OR INJURIES ARISING OUT OF (A) ANY ACTIVITY RELATED TO ANY CONTESTANT’S OR VOTING PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR ANY CONTEST-RELATED EVENT; AND/OR (B) A WINNER’S ACCEPTANCE, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
8. CONSTRUCTION: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained herein. 9. SPONSOR: The WSB-TV Sports Zone “Montlick & Associates ‘Athlete of the Year’” Contest is sponsored by Georgia Television Company d/b/a WSB-TV, 1601 West Peachtree Street N.E., Atlanta, GA 30309. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact the WSB-TV Sales Department at 404-897-7000. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical, printing, or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Contest. The name of the winner may be obtained by mailing a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List” Montlick & Associates “Athlete of the Year,” 1601 West Peachtree Street N.E., Atlanta, GA 30309 after November 30, 2012.