Sophia Choi anchors Channel 2 Action News Saturday and Sunday AM and is a general assignment reporter for Channel 2 Action News.
Prior to joining WSB-TV, Choi worked as the 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. anchor at KVBC-TV, the NBC affiliate in Las Vegas. While there, she won two Electronic Media Awards for her work.
Before moving to Las Vegas, Choi worked as the prime time anchor for CNN Headline News where she covered various breaking stories, including the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans and Hurricane Wilma in Florida. She also anchored various programs for CNN and CNN International.
Choi has also worked as a morning anchor at KCBS-TV in Los Angeles and as a reporter at WVTM-TV (NBC) in Birmingham, AL where she was nominated for an Emmy Award for her series on child predators and won an Associated Press Award.
Choi began her career at WSET-TV (ABC) in Lynchburg, VA.
Choi is a proud graduate of the University of Missouri-Columbia where she received a Bachelor of Journalism degree.
- Pipe found near possible slave remains at UGA
- Police: 5 officers shoot at suspect at Atlanta apartment complex
- New video shows amazing progress of girl attacked by dogs
- Homeless student named valedictorian
- Good Samaritan helps trooper catch speeding suspect
- Dog chases, bites boy walking to school bus stop
- Record high pollen counts causing allergies to flare
- Newnan family adjusting to life with quadruplets
- 'What about our kids?' High salaries of new school employees questioned
- Owner of dogs involved in deadly attack out of jail
- Family says propane tank was serviced before deadly home explosion
- Neighborhood on edge after two serious dog attacks in one week
- Girl attacked by dogs ‘doing much better'
- Mother of boy killed in dog attack speaks out
- Boy killed, girl injured in dog attack
- Storms cause damage across parts of metro Atlanta
- Toodles the poodle offering hope for seniors
- Body cam video released in deadly Americus police shooting
- Community fights YMCA's plan to demolish historic building
- Police investigate third break-in at Holly Springs gun store
- Activists angry after pipe found running through newly discovered graves
- 5 officers shoot man accused of holding woman hostage, police say
- Crews working around the clock to finish road projects near SunTrust Park
- Kids accused of taking military trucks on joyride
- Stonecrest Mayoral candidate responds to smear campaign
- 5-year-old dog attack survivor has long recovery ahead
- 5-year-old survivor of dog attack recovering at home
- Authorities to continue search for missing boater
- Once-homeless APS student surprised with a scholarship
- Tornado watch issued for northwest Georgia
- $8.5 million project will bring bike lanes, green space to NW Atlanta
- Good Samaritans helped trooper catch speeding suspect
- Homeowner wants county to take business owner to court over dumping