Sophia Choi anchors Channel 2 Action News Saturday and Sunday AM and is a general assignment reporter for Channel 2 Action News.
Prior to joining WSB-TV, Choi worked as the 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. anchor at KVBC-TV, the NBC affiliate in Las Vegas. While there, she won two Electronic Media Awards for her work.
Before moving to Las Vegas, Choi worked as the prime time anchor for CNN Headline News where she covered various breaking stories, including the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans and Hurricane Wilma in Florida. She also anchored various programs for CNN and CNN International.
Choi has also worked as a morning anchor at KCBS-TV in Los Angeles and as a reporter at WVTM-TV (NBC) in Birmingham, AL where she was nominated for an Emmy Award for her series on child predators and won an Associated Press Award.
Choi began her career at WSET-TV (ABC) in Lynchburg, VA.
Choi is a proud graduate of the University of Missouri-Columbia where she received a Bachelor of Journalism degree.
- Items in stolen car: 50 lbs. of drug-laced candy, 100g of marijuana, $8K
- This new park is going to have a little bit of everything!
- 700 cameras, 1,500 traffic lights -- here's how GDOT keeps traffic moving
- Protesters: Officer accused of beating woman with baton should be fired
- Husband of woman hit by officer: 'I'm filled with anger'
- VIDEO: Officer uses baton to beat woman he says was resisting arrest
- DeKalb County putting additional $35M to finish massive sewer cleanup
- Residents still without permanent stairs weeks after apartment removed them
- More issues found at apartments where stairs were removed
- Dog found buried alive dies hours after rescue
- SWAT enters home seeking teen accused of shooting foster sister
- People rescued after apartment removes stairs
- Prosecutors: Boy who drowned left alone more than 14 hours
- Groups to hold gun buyback event
- Metro honors fallen heroes on Memorial Day
- Is your personal info at risk? Experts say online data exposure is an epidemic
- FOUND: Crews locate missing girl with autism after daylong search
- Bus drivers threaten to strike over nonpayment
- 9 principals fail to meet requirements, will be replaced
- Hundreds of Georgia summer camps may be operating without state approval
- 50 pounds of drug-laced gummy bears confiscated in bust
- Long awaited $12M high tech animal shelter opens
- Animal shelter opens after decade-long effort
- Brookhaven mayor hopes to make housing more affordable
- Brookhaven land exchange leads to new park, nation's first school named…
- Demolition of old building paves way for new innovative park
- GDOT's tips and tricks to shorten your commute
- Condo complex demolition leaves behind a mess for families still living there
- Hundreds of new teachers on mission to ensure student success
- State reps say what officer did with his baton in viral video was abuse
- Husband of woman hit by police officer demands justice
- Road work in Decatur has residents fuming
- Police arrest man accused of illegally dumping 40,000 tires
- Video shows officer using baton to beat woman he says was resisting arrest
- Community says they need barriers to keep cars from flying into huge gulch
- Residents want to turn old Atlanta prison farm into park
- People from more than 20 countries received citizenship at annual July 4 parade
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta joins Emory's move to become part of Atlanta
- DeKalb County making progress on sewer line repairs
- DeKalb County CEO: Putting additional $35M to finish sewer cleanup