Richard Elliot joined the Channel 2 Action News Team in July 1999.
An Atlanta native, Richard attended the University of Georgia before accepting his first TV job in Columbus, Georgia. While there, he covered Georgia troops in the Gulf War and Mogadishu, Somalia. He also covered the 1988 Republican and Democratic national conventions, the 1996 Olympics and Olympic Park bombing. After Columbus, Richard worked as the Greenville, SC bureau chief for WLOS-TV.
Since joining WSB-TV, Richard has earned several regional Emmy and Associated Press Awards. He’s covered six former, current and soon-to-be presidents and survived four hurricanes.
Richard lives in Atlanta’s historic Grant Park neighborhood with his wife Hollie, a professional trumpet player. Richard is an amateur historian who also enjoys biking, hiking, iPhone photography and writing (the ever-elusive Great American Novel).
- Ossoff and Handel 'getting back to work' for June runoff
- Handel vs. Ossoff: 6th District race heads to runoff
- Candidates make final big push in hotly contested congressional race
- I-20 BUCKLES: Lanes reopen at the heart of morning commute
- POLL: 4 candidates could force runoff in 6th Congressional District
- Safety top of mind as crews work to quickly rebuild I-85
- GDOT: I-85 bridge could be open by mid-May
- From Syrian refugee to cardiologist at Emory
- GDOT: Expect 30 percent longer commute Monday
- GDOT: I-85 bridge construction could be complete by June
- What burned under the I-85 overpass?
- State asks feds for more money for I-85
- SINE DIE LIVE UPDATES: Medical marijuana, campus carry pass
- State Senate passes campus carry bill
- Off-duty officer involved in shooting in SE Atlanta, police say
- Braves legend Tom Glavine supports fantasy sports in Georgia
- Crossover Day at the Georgia Legislature: Which bills are still alive?
- Georgia lawmaker pushes for campus carry bill
- Casino gambling bill dead for this year
- Put your phone down: Georgia could soon be a hands-free state
- Prosecutors argue Tex McIver's bond be revoked
- Georgia unemployment numbers reach lowest levels in a decade
- Georgia Unemployment keeps falling, but still higher than national average
- 6th District candidates prepare for June runoff
- Republican Karen Handel says President Trump called her about the election
- Supporters gather for Jon Ossoff watch party
- All eyes are on 6th Congressional District race today
- Home stretch approaching for candidates in 6th Congressional District race
- Exclusive new poll shows Jon Ossoff with big lead in 6th Congressional District
- Crews working around the clock to restore I-85 bridge ASAP
- State offering incentives to get I-85 back open by mid-may
- State offers millions in incentives for I-85 bridge completion before June 15
- Demonstrators demand town hall-style meeting with Sen. David Perdue
- Valet service feeling impact of I-85 bridge collapse
- Refugees happy, worried after U.S. missile attack on Syria
- GDOT: Commute times could be 30 percent longer Monday
- Your commute time could be 30% longer next week, GDOT says
- Channel 2's Richard Elliot gets caught in hail in Carroll County
- GDOT hopes to have I-85 bridge reopened by mid-June
- GDOT: I-85 bridge could reopen as early as mid-June