Richard Elliot joined the Channel 2 Action News Team in July 1999.
An Atlanta native, Richard attended the University of Georgia before accepting his first TV job in Columbus, Georgia. While there, he covered Georgia troops in the Gulf War and Mogadishu, Somalia. He also covered the 1988 Republican and Democratic national conventions, the 1996 Olympics and Olympic Park bombing. After Columbus, Richard worked as the Greenville, SC bureau chief for WLOS-TV.
Since joining WSB-TV, Richard has earned several regional Emmy and Associated Press Awards. He’s covered six former, current and soon-to-be presidents and survived four hurricanes.
Richard lives in Atlanta’s historic Grant Park neighborhood with his wife Hollie, a professional trumpet player. Richard is an amateur historian who also enjoys biking, hiking, iPhone photography and writing (the ever-elusive Great American Novel).
- High school student dies after football conditioning
- Speaker Ryan: 'Stakes as high as they could ever be'
- Woman's leg, arm amputated after donkey attack
- Former KSU student stripped of protected status
- Deal signs dozens of bills, including medical marijuana
- POLL: Handel holds slight lead over Ossoff in 6th District
- Prominent attorney accused of killing wife sent back to jail
- Defense: Gun found in Tex McIver's home was planted
- Ossoff and Handel 'getting back to work' for June runoff
- Handel vs. Ossoff: 6th District race heads to runoff
- Candidates make final big push in hotly contested congressional race
- I-20 BUCKLES: Lanes reopen at the heart of morning commute
- POLL: 4 candidates could force runoff in 6th Congressional District
- Safety top of mind as crews work to quickly rebuild I-85
- GDOT: I-85 bridge could be open by mid-May
- From Syrian refugee to cardiologist at Emory
- GDOT: Expect 30 percent longer commute Monday
- GDOT: I-85 bridge construction could be complete by June
- What burned under the I-85 overpass?
- State asks feds for more money for I-85
- Georgia leaders react to new President Trump allegations
- High school student dies hours after football practice
- Speaker Ryan at Handel event: 'Stakes as high as they could ever be'
- House Speaker Paul Ryan heads to Sandy Springs for support of Republican…
- Woman's leg and arm amputated after donkey attack
- Student who became face of immigration debate says officials are trying…
- Governor Deal signs over 40 bills, including new medical marijuana law
- Governor Deal signs bills with goal of criminal justice reform
- President Jimmy Carter, Bernie Sanders hold forum on human rights
- Governor Deal signs nearly 100 bills into law
- Poll shows Republican Karen Handel has slight lead over Democrat Jon Ossoff
- Firefighters with work-related cancer get long-awaited medical insurance
- Governor Deal signs Opioid abuse legislation to fight illness, save lives
- 6th District runoff race a little more than a month away
- Jon Ossoff says he will cut $16B from federal budget if elected
- Ag. Sec. Sonny Perdue already making impact in Washington
- Governor Deal signs Georgia's $25 billion budget
- Governor Deal signs largest state DFCS budget at $25.9M
- President Trump applauded by NRA after mentioning 'The Wall'
- President Donald Trump travels to Atlanta