Richard Belcher, WSB-TV Investigative Reporter & Anchor, joined Channel 2 Action News in February, 1990 with 18 years of broadcast experience.
Previously, Richard was a full-time investigative reporter and 6 p.m. and 11 p.m. anchor with WAGA-TV for 15 years. Prior to that he worked at WXIA-TV and WGST Radio.
Richard graduated from Georgia State University with a BBA in Marketing. Richard is married to Sally Sears, a former reporter at WSB-TV. They have one child, Will, born in February 1991. Richard also has two daughters, Brooke and Robin.
- DeKalb public official, businessman indicted after Channel 2 investigation
- Water meter issue allows Buckhead condo to avoid paying for 15 years
- Truck driver sentenced for crash that killed 5 nursing students
- GDOT gives city passing grade on plans to improve streetcar safety
- City councilman faces fines for violating state campaign laws
- APS superintendent says no guns missing from district
- State threatens to shut down Atlanta Streetcar
- City says issue of unpaid water services not closed
- City's nearly $2 million agreement leaves unanswered questions
- Auditor finds lack of security, oversight in Fulton County library mailroom
- DeKalb school superintendent says he's cracking down on financial abuses
- Tourist season a bust for Atlanta Streetcar
- Head of agency that mismanaged money for HIV/AIDS community resigns
- Despite poor record keeping, APS claims it hasn't lost any handguns
- Head of the DeKalb Board of Ethics says the board will pursue ethics cases
- DeKalb admits failing to report 35 incidents where raw sewage got into waterways
- Lawmaker says city's Watershed Department badly mishandled billing mistake