by: Associated Press Updated:
A 5-year-old Pennsylvania boy has died days after he was choked when the family dog pulled on his scarf as they played in the snow.
The Philadelphia coroner's office says John Bruno died Saturday at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, where he had been under heavy sedation since Wednesday's accident.
Police say his mother looked out a window of her Warrington home to see her son face-down and unconscious in the snow while the dog tugged at the scarf.
- Many questions remain as loved ones honor mother found dead
- Family: Someone put poison on child's slide
- Authorities hunting for former teacher accused of kidnapping 15-year-old student
Police initially thought the child had collapsed from cardiac arrest while playing with the 18-month-old hound.
Police say first responders performed CPR on the boy.
A GoFundMe page set up to help the family pay medical costs says John's smile was electric and he loved "Ninja Turtles, Pokemon, superheroes and being silly."
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
5-year-old boy dies after being choked by dog pulling on his scarf in snow
UNC hero gets standing ovation at 8 a.m. class (VIDEO)
Officer killed after stun gun fails to subdue fleeing suspect, police say
Porsche to give employees 9,111-euro bonus
United Airlines kicks two girls off flight for wearing leggings