Family of lawyer allegedly shot by husband demands answers


Adina Parson, 40, was found with several gunshot wounds near her apartment at the Residences at Morgan Falls apartment complex.

SANDY SPRINGS, Ga. - The family of an attorney slowly recovering after being shot several times want answers from her husband, who has been arrested in her shooting.

Police said Michael Parson is accused of shooting of his wife, Adina Parson, a Sandy Springs attorney, eight times outside her apartment last month. He was arrested around midnight Saturday near Tyler, Texas.

"I think everybody is asking, 'why?' and that's where my big concern is,"  Adina's aunt, Pam Dickerson, told Channel 2's Tony Thomas.  "I don't understand. I'm confused and I think he or if some light is shined on that I will be grateful."

Michael Parson was arrested by the Texas Highway Patrol following a traffic stop just before midnight Saturday, said Capt. Steve Rose with Sandy Springs police.

On Friday, Sandy Springs police issued arrest warrants for Michael Parson, who is accused of shooting his wife, including three times in the head, around 11:45 p.m. in the breezeway at the Residences of Morgan Falls Apartments off Roswell Road April 20.

Friends of the 40-year-old victim have said her husband was at Grady Memorial Hospital with other family members in the days following the shooting.

Police said he was driving the couple's 2000 Green Honda Civic when Texas police arrested him.

 Adina Parson remains in critical but stable condition at Grady. She has been unable to speak with investigators.

Channel 2's Craig Lucie spoke with her loved ones Friday, who he immediately asked about the warrants issued for Michael Parson.

"Did it ever occur to you that he could be the main suspect?" Lucie asked.

"No. Amazed. I was just surprised. Shocked is the word," replied Dickerson.

Dickerson said Michael Parson visited his wife on multiple occasions after she was shot.

"What was he like when he came to visit her here at the hospital?" Lucie asked.

"As a husband should be. He is concerned about his wife. You would believe he is overwhelmed with pain because it's just your wife," Dickerson replied.

Capt. Steve Rose with the Sandy Springs Police Department said they initially cleared Michael Parson after the shooting, but detectives kept going back and finding different things that he wouldn't go into detail about.

"No one has seen him for the last couple of day. A lot of that information I can't go into but initially, yes, but this type of investigation, everything is scrutinized and things developed. The investigation has revealed some interesting facts. Again, I can't go into that, but some very interesting facts came forth," Rose said.

Dickerson used Channel 2 Action News' camera to speak to the man who's wanted for something they could have never imagined.

"I'm going to offer some prayers to him and his family. I originally said somebody who did this to my niece had to be very full of pain," Dickerson said.

She said Adina Parson is starting to move her arms and legs, the beginning of a beautiful journey, her aunt said.

"When you come into the room, she is looking at you like she knows you're there, so I'm pleased with that."

Authorities in Texas said Michael Parson could appear before a judge as early as Monday morning.