Emergency crews treat people at the Everest Institute.
MARIETTA, Ga. —
Several people were treated outside a Marietta medical school on Friday morning.
Hazat crews swarmed the Everest Institute after reports of people being exposed to Methacrylate Momoner, a surgical super glue. A building at the school was evacuated around lunchtime.
“This type of vial was broken in the classroom, and they disposed of it outside in the Dumpster. This is a surgical type of bonding that they use when they do surgery,” Cobb County Fire Department spokeswoman Denell Boyd said.
Channel 2’s Ross Cavitt was at the scene as patients were being decontaminated. Those who came into "sniffing range" of the chemical suffered symptoms including, nausea, vomiting and eye and ear irritation, officials said. Boyd said four of 13 patients had been decontaminated. At least 7 people were transported to Kennestone Hospital for non-life-threatening conditions.
There was a miles-worth of crime scene tape surrounding the area, and several fire trucks on site.