View mobile site
Follow us on
Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2013 | 8:41 a.m.
Hi, (not you?) | Member Center | Sign Out
Sign In | Register
Posted: 9:01 p.m. Wednesday, April 17, 2013
The Atlanta Police Department has determined that the small explosion that injured a thrift store worker on Tuesday was sparked by commercial-grade pyrotechnics.APD said it determined the cause after consulting with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.Police said the pyrotechnics likely ignited due to static electricity. They had been in a parcel at the Veterans Empowerment thrift store on Memorial Drive for two months with no issue until the parcel was handled by a volunteer at the store on Tuesday, police said.The worker suffered minor burns from the explosion.
© 2013 Cox Media Group. By using this website,
Already have an account? Sign In
We have sent you a confirmation email. Please check your email and click on the link to activate your account.
We look forward to seeing you frequently. Visit us and sign in to update your profile, receive the latest news and keep up to date with mobile alerts.
Don't worry, it happens. We'll send you a link to create a new password.
We have sent you an email with a link to change your password.
We've sent an email with instructions to create a new password. Your existing password has not been changed.
To sign in you must verify your email address. Fill out the form below and we'll send you an email to verify.
Check your email for a link to verify your email address.