DOUGLAS COUNTY, Ga. - A west Georgia mother is jailed on charges of locking her 6-year-old son in a dog crate and dousing him with syrup and cat litter.
Authorities say 24-year-old Crystal Jean Hostetter of Douglasville and her girlfriend, 30-year-old Sarah Elizabeth McClain, are charged with child cruelty.
Douglasville police say the two women placed Hostetter's young son in the dog cage for about two hours and coated him with syrup and cat litter.
Authorities say the boy suffers from a psychological condition and doesn't like sticky things. While inside the cage, the child allegedly screamed, "Please don't kill me."
Neighbors heard and called police.
A judge refused to grant the women bond.
- New Jersey tot wipes out hours of monks' work
- McGary tests positive for marijuana, heads to NBA
- Drunken passenger causes hijack scare in Bali
- Paralyzed teen waiting on $3.5 million settlement
- Week in photos - April 25, 2014
- Former NFL quarterback Earl Morrall dies at 79
- New Andy Warhol images found on old disks
- Britain's young royal family ends Australian tour
- Vermont ups the ante on genetically modified foods
- Where will calorie labels appear? Not just menus