COBB COUNTY, Ga. - Police are looking for the gunman in a shooting at Cumberland Mall in Cobb County.
A police spokesman said the shooting happened shortly after 3 p.m. in the parking lot outside Macy's. Three shots were fired. Channel 2's Ross Cavitt said a woman was shot at least once. A third shot was directed at a good Samaritan who was running to her aid. Police said the gunman left in a white van.
"Apparently one of those shots people heard was a shot at (the good Samaritan) as he came to her," Cobb County police Sgt. Dana Pierce said.
Police said witnesses heard a man and woman arguing before shots were fired.
Several people heard the gunshots at a bus stop across from the mall.
"I didn't know it was gunshots at first. It sound like some firecrackers, so I didn't pay any attention to it," one person said.
Another bystander described the scene as chaotic.
"Chaotic, crazy, people running everywhere, cops everywhere; crazy," he said.
One witness said the shooter was calm and collected before he drove off.
"He looked like he was in no hurry, it was like something he did every day," a witness said.
Police have not disclosed a motive in the shooting.
- Obamas hosting annual Easter Egg Roll
- Sherpas consider boycott after Everest avalanche
- Why are Americans obsessed with missing plane?
- Elderly woman and pet 'Puddy Cat' scammed for $450,000
- Fisherman catches 800-pound shark off Gulf Coast
- Shocking ways hackers can ruin everything
- FBI: Teen stows away on San Jose to Maui flight
- Restaurant says ad with Jesus smoking a joint paid off
- Photos: Coachella Music and Arts Festival 2014
- 4/20 in a legal pot state: How Colorado's celebrating