ROSWELL, Ga. - Roswell police believe four Roswell students were trying to get high when they ingested a respiratory medication.
Four ninth grade boys were hospitalized as a precaution after taking a Mucinex-type medication, police and school officials said. News Chopper 2 flew over Centennial High School, where ambulances were lined up outside the school around noon.
Fulton County Schools spokeswoman Susan Hale said the medication belonged to one of the students, who gave it to the others. She said they were found responsive around 11 a.m. and taken to the hospital after a recommendation by Poison Control officials.
Police: High school students hospitalized after taking medication
College student starved for years speaks out for first time
Gwinnett deputies accused of stealing from Sheriff's Office
Woman pleads guilty, offers tearful apology in deadly DUI crash
Judge dismisses 11 charges against man accused of holding women captive