Updated:GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. —
2013 COUNTY REPORT ON SPEED LIMITS
- Bethesda Church Road - Updated ordinance to match what was currently posted in the field. (30 mph from US 29/SR 8 to Bethesda Park Court)
- Campbell Road - Lowered from 45 mph to 35 mph (Alcovy Road to Brooks Road) due to alignment modifications and interchange with Sugarloaf Parkway Extension.
- Collins Industrial Way / Lonnie Harvel Boulevard / Tree Creek Boulevard - Updated ordinance to match road name changes near the Georgia Gwinnett College campus.
- Drowning Creek Road - Updated ordinance to match what was currently posted in the field. (40 mph from Harbins Road to SR 316, 35 mph from SR 316 to Dacula City Limits, & 25 mph from Dacula city Limits to the dead-end)
- Lakeview Road - Lowered from 40 mph to 35 mph (SR 84 to Pharrs Road) due to citizen request and for consistency with roads of similar characteristics in the area.
- Lenora Church Road - Lowered from 50 mph to 45 mph (Temple Johnson Road to Rockdale County Line) due to citizen request and traffic conditions in the recreation area (Lenora Park and Aquatic Center)
- Main Street (Buford) - Updated ordinance based on a City of Buford Resolution related to speed limit on East Main Street (lowered to 25 mph).
- McGinnis Ferry Road / Northbrook Parkway - Update ordinance due to the recently completed McGinnis Ferry Road Extension Project.
- McGinnis Ferry Road - 45 mph (Fulton County Line to Lawrenceville-Suwanee Road)
- Northbrook Parkway - 40 mph (Old Peachtree Road to Old Peachtree Road)
- Peachtree Industrial Boulevard - For consistency throughout jurisdictions and similar roadway characteristics along the corridor modified speed limits due to City and citizen requests. 45 mph from SR 141 (Peachtree Parkway) to SR 20 (Nelson Brogdon Boulevard) 50 mph from SR 20 (Nelson Brogdon Boulevard) to Hall County Line
- SR 211 (Old Winder Hwy) - Update ordinance per Georgia DOT's decision to lower the speed limit from 55 mph to 50 mph.
- SR 403 (NB & SB CD Roads) - Update ordinance per Georgia DOT's decision to raise the existing 55 mph posting to 65 mph on the I-85 CD Roads between Pleasant Hill Road and north of Old Peachtree Road.
- Sweetwater Road - Updated ordinance to match what was currently posted in the field. (35 mph from Old Norcross Road to Club Drive)
- Whitehead Road - Lowered from 45 mph to 40 mph (Suwanee Dam Road to Sugar Ridge Drive) due to citizen request and for consistency with roads of similar characteristics in the area.
- New Roads - Included any new roads added since the last speed zone ordinance due to developments. (See attachment)