WHAT TO DO NOW:
First, find out what information Google has already collected about you. Go to google.com/dashboard and sign into your Google account. That’s the big picture of what Google knows you’ve done. And while you cannot opt out of Google’s privacy measures, short of disabling your Google accounts, you can minimize what Google tracks. Here’s how to do that:
1) CLEAR YOUR WEB HISTORY:
- From your dashboard, scroll down until you see “Web History” on the bottom left.
- Just to the right of that, you will see “Remove items or Clear Web History”. Click on that.
- It will take you to a new page, where you need to click: “Remove all Web History.”
- Make sure that your web history is “paused”.
2) TO CLEAR YOUR YOUTUBE HISTORY
- *From your dashboard, go to just below “Web History” and you’ll see “YouTube.” Click on “manage YouTube account”
- *That takes you to YouTube. Go to the upper right corner where you see your username, and click on the drop down box”
- *Select “Video Manager”.
- *Then on the left select “history”. Then select “clear all viewing history.”
The simplest way to keep Google from tracking what you do on the web is to make sure you are signed out before you search the web or search videos on you tube.