ATLANTA - Channel 2 Action News has learned the Georgia Tech student severely burned by an incendiary device inside his midtown Atlanta apartment last month has died.
Police were called out to Akhshabi apartment last month after a reported explosion. When investigators arrived on scene they found the international student with severe burns to his hands, arms and chest.
Inside Akhshabi’s apartment, investigators said they found a Molotov cocktail and several plastic bottles with flammable liquid inside.
Authorities said he had third-degree burns on 90 percent of his body.
The incident report from that night revealed investigators took three laptops, three cellphones, two jump drives and homemade movies from Akhshabi's apartment.
Investigators have not said why they believe Akhshabi had the flammable materials inside his apartment.
Georgia Tech student dies from injuries after setting himself on fire last month
Residents still without permanent stairs weeks after apartment removed them
Man who robbed 3 Waffle Houses in 24 hours sentenced to life in prison
Video shows man open fire, kill customer inside busy Chinese restaurant
Man accused of holding teen captive for more than a year denied bond