ATLANTA - Gates for this years Georgia Salutes America Fourth of July program will open at 6 p.m. at Centennial Olympic Park. Fireworks are set to begin at 9:45 p.m.
The entertainment line-up features JFly and Friends and American Idol winner Taylor Hicks.
The event will go on rain or shine unless the weather poses a threat.
Tips for attending this year's event:
- Guests can park in the Red Deck on Andrew Young International Boulevard next to the Georgia Dome.
- MARTA riders can use the Peachtree Center Station or the Dome/Phillips/GWCC station.
- Main entry gates will be located at both ends of Andrew Young International Boulevard.
- Bags will be subject to search. The following items are prohibited:
- Personal fireworks
- Large umbrellas
- Food and drinks will be available for purchase inside the park.
- Collapsible chairs and person umbrellas are pemitted.
- Visitors under 17 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Don't forget, if you can't make it this year, the event will be broadcast live on WSB-TV.