JOHNS CREEK, Ga. - A large fire tore through the roof of a Johns Creek home Wednesday afternoon.
Channel 2's Mike Petchenik was on Donnington Drive as firefighters tackled a fire on the street. Officials with the city's fire department believe it was caused by a lightning strike.
Two people said they were inside the home during the fire, but made it out safely. They said it sounded like a bomb went off.
A neighbor described what she saw, saying, "All of a sudden, we heard this huge spark. For a moment, I thought my house caught on fire, but after a while, my husband happened to just peep out the window and saw some smoke coming out. The first thing he did was call 911."
Firefighters were putting out hotspots shortly before 7 p.m. There were at least three fire trucks in the area.