Investigators say a 6-year-old girl was found unresponsive inside of a plastic playhouse.
She has since been flown to Egleston Children's Hospital in
She was found at the Rock Springs Mobile Home subdivision in Carroll County,
sheriff's investigators said.
Initial reports of the incident indicate the child has ingested an unknown quantity of medications, including some for anti-anxiety, sleeping and cholesterol.
A preliminary investigation has determined the medication came from an abandoned mobile home nearby, where the child had been playing with friends.
After finding the medication, the kids returned to the playhouse located in the victim's yard and began taking capsules apart and pouring out ingredients, sheriff's officials said.
At some point, the victim swallowed some of the medication and became sleepy.
The victim's friend then told her
grandmother, with whom she was staying, about what happened.
The child's parents were not at home when the incident happened.
The girl is expected to be released from the hospital as early as next week if her condition continues to improve.
A safety plan has been approved through the Department of Family and Children Services.
Check back for updates.
Girl found unresponsive in playhouse after swallowing pills
Man shot while practicing self defense drills with loaded gun
Who is Arcan Cetin, suspect in deadly Washington state mall shooting?
Child hides, calls 911 to report father attacking pregnant mother
Man accused of killing 4 children served 16 years in prison for pregnant…