GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. - Police and fire investigators believe a natural gas explosion triggered two blasts and a small house fire in Lawrenceville.
The fire happened about 1 p.m. Monday on Sundale Drive.
Channel 2's Kerry Kavanaugh was the first reporter at the scene.
Gwinnett County fire officials told her crews quickly extinguished the fire. One person was inside and was taken to a hospital with injuries.
One neighbor compared the sound of the blasts to bombs going off. Gwinnett police said the explosion blew the bricks off the front of the home and knocked out a portion of the front porch.
Leslie Escobar heard the blast from across the street.
"The next thing (we knew), we see fire going off and we got scared," she said.
Escobar shared a photo she snapped of the smoke billowing from the home. Another neighbor shot cellphone video.
"The police department at this point is standing by to assist in anything along the lines of identifying dangerous substances," said Cpl. Jake Smith with the Gwinnett County Police Department.
Arson investigators believe the incident stemmed from a natural gas explosion and is not criminal in nature.
Kavanaugh watched as investigators searched the home. They rescued several pets, including two cats, that were treated onsite. Some pets died in the fire, officials said.
1 injured in Lawrenceville house fire
Mother sues DeKalb schools after son severely injured during football practice
Widow shares emotional message after guilty verdict in Hemy Neuman murder trial
The Latest: Quake-hit Italian city famed for spaghetti dish
Young teacher in ICU after crash that killed elderly couple