ATLANTA - Here's a look at some of the local events scheduled to celebrate the Fourth of July:
- Georgia Salutes America - Channel 2’s “Georgia Salutes America” includes a mix of musical entertainment, a special tribute to the men and women who serve in our armed forces and the South’s most spectacular fireworks show, live from Centennial Olympic Park in Atlanta, GA starting at 9 p.m. and broadcast live on WSB-TV/Channel 2.
- Roswell Patriotic Celebration. 7:30 p.m. June 28; 4 p.m. June 30. Free; tickets required to ensure seating. Roswell United Methodist Church, 814 Mimosa Blvd., Roswell. 770-594-0512, www.rumc.com.
- July Fourth Festival & Fireworks. 5 to 11 p.m. June 29. 1369 Fourth Ave., Auburn. www.cityofauburn-ga.org.
- Duluth Celebrates America. 4 p.m. July 3. Free. Scott Hudgens Park - River Green Business Park, River Green Parkway, Duluth. 770-476-3434, www.duluth-ga.com.
- Independence Day Celebration and Mother’s Finest Concert. 4 p.m. July 3. Free. Lillian Webb Park, 5 College St., Norcross. 678-421-2000, www.norcrossga.net.
- Villa Rica Fireworks Extravaganza. 5 p.m. July 3. Free. The V-plex, 1605 Highway 61, Villa Rica. www.villaricaparks.com.
- City of Kennesaw’s Salute to America. 6-10 p.m. July 3. Free admission; tables can be reserved near the stage for $75. Kennesaw Historic Train Depot, 2828 Cherokee St. NW, Kennesaw. 770-422-9714, www.kennesawjuly3.com.
- Henry County Fourth of July Fireworks Extravaganza. 3 p.m. July 4. Nash Farm Park, 4361 Jonesboro Road, Hampton. www.henrycountybattlefield.com.
- 4th of July at Centennial Olympic Park. Gates open 6 p.m. July 4. Fireworks begin about 9:40 p.m. Free. Centennial Olympic Park 265 Park Ave. W., Atlanta. www.centennialpark.com.
- July Fourth Celebration. July 3-4. Cumming Fairgrounds, 235 Castleberry Road, Cumming. www.cummingfair.net.
- Red White & Brew. Watch the Centennial Olympic Park fireworks from the roof of the Georgia Aquarium. 6-10:30 p.m. July 4. $55, 21 and older only. 225 Baker St., Atlanta. 404-581-4000. www.georgiaaquarium.org.
- Lenox Square 4th of July. 10 a.m. July 4. Fireworks at dusk. Free. 3393 Peachtree Road N.E., Atlanta. 404-233-6767. www.simon.com/mall/lenox-square.
- Mall of Georgia 11th annual Fabulous Fourth. Kids Zone opens 2 p.m. July 4 for games, water balloon toss. 2 p.m. events begin. Fireworks begin at dusk. Free. Post-fireworks screening of “Playing for Keeps” (rated PG-13). Mall of Georgia, 3333 Buford Drive, Buford. 678-482-8788, www.mallofgeorgia.com.
- Alpharetta’s July 4th Fireworks and Festivities. Children’s activities and entertainment on the lawn behind the Alpharetta Community Center (175 Roswell Street) 6-9 p.m. July 4. Fireworks begin at dusk, rain or shine. 6-10 p.m. Free. Wills Park 1825 Old Milton Parkway, Alpharetta, 678-297-6133, www.alpharetta.ga.us.
- Atlanta Braves vs. Miami Marlins. Cheer on the Braves then stay around for the fireworks. 7:10 p.m. July 4. $11-$92. Turner Field, 755 Hank Aaron Drive, Atlanta. 800-745-3000, www.Braves.com.
- 14th Annual July 4th Fireworks Extravanganza. Music starts at 6 p.m. with Banks & Shane performing starting at 7:30 p.m. Fireworks at dusk. 5:30 p.m. July 4. Roswell High School, 11595 King Road, Roswell. 770-641-3705, www.roswellgov.com.
- Marietta Freedom Parade and Fourth in the Park. The parade begins at 10 a.m. July 4 at Roswell Street Baptist Church and ends at North Marietta Parkway. Festival starts after the parade with food concessions, music, arts and crafts and carnival. 10 a.m.-9 p.m. July 4. Free. Fireworks at dusk. www.mariettaga.gov.
- Fantastic Fourth Celebration at Stone Mountain Park. Enjoy the Lasershow Spectacular, followed by a fireworks July 4-6 on the lawn. Begins at dusk. $10 daily parking pass or $35 for annual parking permit, U.S. 78 E., Stone Mountain. www.stonemountainpark.com.
- Decatur’s July 4th Pied Piper Parade. Decorate your wagon, ride your bike, skate or walk in this parade. Fireworks begin about 9 p.m. July 4. Parade line-up is at the First Baptist Church of Decatur at 5:30 p.m. Parade begins at 6 p.m. and ends at the Community Bandstand on the square, with a concert by the Callanwolde Concert Band at 7 p.m. Free. 404-371-8386, www.visitdecaturgeorgia.com.
- East Point Hometown Celebration. An old-fashioned carnival with a carousel, Ferris wheel, rides, games. 5-11 p.m. July 4. Free. 2757 Main St., East Point. 404-270-7059, www.downtowneastpoint.com.
- Thursday Thunder and Fireworks. NASCAR’s stars of tomorrow race in Legends and Bandolero cars. Kid-friendly environment includes autograph sessions, a rock climbing wall and more. 6 p.m. July 4. $6; ages 6-11 $2. Atlanta Motor Speedway, 1500 N. U.S. 41, Hampton. 770-946-4211, www.atlantamotorspeedway.com.
- Sparkle in the Park. Music, food and fireworks. A1A, the Jimmy Buffett Tribute Show, will have a family-friendly concert. Bring a lawn chair or blanket. 4-10 p.m. July 4. Free. Lilburn City Park, 76 Main St., Lilburn. www.cityoflilburn.com.
- Woodstock’s Festival in the Park. Freedom Run begins at at 7:30 a.m. July 4; Main Street parade at 10 a.m.; Festival in the Park from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Fireworks at dusk behind Kohl’s/Target Shopping Center on Ga. 92. 7:30 a.m. for race. Registration $30 for race, other events free. Main Street, downtown Woodstock. www.woodstockga.gov.
- Atkins Park Fourth of July Backyard Beer Olympics. 3 p.m. July 4. Free. Atkins Park, 794 N. Highland Ave. N.E., Atlanta. 404-876-7249, www.atkinspark.com.
- Chamblee Fourth of July Celebration. 5 p.m. July 4. Free. Keswick Park, 3496 Keswick Drive, Chamblee. 770-986-5016, www.chambleega.com.
- Dawson Day Sparks in the Park - July 3 at Rock Creek Park. 5 p.m. vendors and activities open to the public; 6:30 p.m. live entertainment begins; 9:30 p.m. fireworks.
- Fireworks over Allatoona - The Allatoona Yacht Club will present a fireworks display about 9:30 p.m. The fireworks can be viewed by boat near the group’s clubhouse on Lake Allatoona and at various coves. www.allatoonayachtclub.org