The following are some of the Department’s other potentially “motorist impactful” construction jobs underway or beginning this summer, as well as the relevant Georgia DOT media contacts:
- Roadway improvements and (City of Atlanta) water and sewer line replacement on Northside Drive between Interstate 75 and Collier Road (beginning in July);
- Construction of the new “Skip Spann Connector” overpass above I-75 in northwest Cobb County; and
- Reconstruction of the Georgia 400 interchange at Northridge Road in Fulton.
- Ongoing demolition of remaining Georgia 400 toll plaza structures and subsequent shifting of traffic into permanent lane configuration.
- Replacement of Spring Street Viaduct in downtown Atlanta; to begin in September.
- Intersection improvements at State Route 316 with both SR 20 & Collins Hill Road in Gwinnett County;
- Widening of SR 347 from McEver Road in Buford to State Route 211 in Braselton both east and west bound in Hall County (2 projects);
- State Route 20 widening projects in Gwinnett and Forsyth counties; and
- Construction of a pedestrian tunnel on State Route 284/Clarks Bridge Road in Hall County (a detour of this route will be in place until July 26).
- (NOTE: The SR 347 widening and the SR 284 tunnel projects will impact traffic to and from Lake Lanier Islands.)
- Reconstruction of I-75 interchanges at State Route 156/Redbud Road and at Union Grove Road in Gordon County and also at U.S. Highway 41 in Whitfield County;
- Widening State Route 136 in Gordon;
- Widening State Route 20 in Bartow County; and
- Bridge rehabilitation on U.S. Highway 411 in Murray County (through July).
East Central Georgia:
- Resurfacing Interstate 16 in Laurens and Treutlen counties;
- I-20 bridge reconstruction in Newton County;
- Widening Interstate 520 in Richmond County;
- Widenings of Windsor Springs Road, Wrightsboro Road and State Route 56 in Richmond;
- Widenings of State Route 232/Columbia Road and Old Petersburg Road/Old Evans Road in Columbia County;
- Bridge replacements on State Route 47 and State Route 232 in Columbia; and
- Fall Line Freeway construction in Washington and Baldwin counties.
West Central Georgia:
- I-75 restriping activities in Bibb, Crawford and Peach;
- I-75 interchange reconstruction at Jodeco Road in Henry County;
- Interstate 16 interchange reconstruction at State Route 96 in Jones County;
- Pipeline work near Interstate 85 in Coweta County (through August); and
- Intersection improvements at State Route 155 and Kellytown Road in Henry.
South & Southwest Georgia:
- US Highway 84/State Route 38/West Hill Avenue railroad overpass construction in Valdosta/Lowndes County;
- Reconfiguration of State Route 3/Liberty Expressway interchange with North Jefferson Street in Dougherty County;
- Widening of U.S. Highway 319/State Route 35 in Colquitt and Tift counties;
- Widening of Carpenter Road in Tift;
- Resurfacing U.S. Highway 41/State Route 7 in Tift;
- I-75 at Brighton Road interchange reconstruction in Tift; and
- Drainage improvements on State Route 39 in Seminole County.
- Interstate 95 and State Route 99 interchange reconstruction in Glynn County;
- Interchange construction at State Route 204/Abercorn Street and King George Boulevard in Chatham County; and
- Resurfacing U.S. Highway 84/State Route 38 in Pierce County.