The firings come a day after DeKalb County officials released an investigative report showing the firefighters didn't follow proper procedure while responding to 74-year-old Ann Bartlett's 911 call on Sunday.
Channel 2 Action News spoke with Ann Bartlett's family, who said the DeKalb Fire Department told them that firefighters failed to follow proper procedures.
"She paid her taxes in DeKalb County for 41 years, yet when she needed DeKalb County, they didn't find her," said Ann Bartlett's daughter Ruth Bartlett.
Authorities said Bartlett called for help just after 1 a.m., but firefighters responding to the call didn't see smoke or flames at her two-story home and left without approaching the house.
About six hours later, authorities received another call reporting a fire at the same house. Firefighters arrived to find the house engulfed in flames and Bartlett dead from smoke inhalation.
Investigators said the fire started with Ann Bartlett's oxygen device. They believe Ann Bartlett tried to escape the blaze through her garage, but the fire knocked out power to her electric garage door opener.
Police said they have launched a criminal investigation.