Mike Petchenik says being a journalist gives him a unique opportunity to hold the powerful accountable and to tell the important stories of the voiceless.
As our North Fulton County Bureau Chief, he covers communities across the North Metro Area.
The Chicago native graduated with honors from the University of Missouri (Go Tigers!). He began his broadcasting career while still in school, running the audio board and reading weather reports at a public radio station, and as news director of his college radio station.
Mike was a reporter and part-time anchor at KOMU-TV in Columbia, Mo., was a weekend anchor/producer at WAGT-TV in Augusta, Ga., and did a stint as a general assignment and investigative reporter at WLKY-TV in Louisville, Ky. Before moving to Atlanta in 2009.
Mike’s been honored with two Emmys for his coverage of breaking and spot news during his time at WSB-TV.
Mike and his wife have two beautiful children.
When not at work, he enjoys playing the drums, listening to music, working out and traveling.
- Hundreds gather to discuss and combat antiSemitism
- Former Roswell city councilman indicted on child sex-related charges
- Suspects accused of burglarizing senior homeowners
- Grand jury indicts man on human trafficking charges judge previously tossed
- Judge dismisses 11 charges against man accused of holding women captive
- Police: 2 women dead after incident inside hotel room
- Thieves target former Braves star; loaded gun among items stolen
- Boy bitten several times by Siberian husky
- Father used children to help him shoplift, police say
- Man accused of holding women captive faces 14 felony charges
- Woman held captive was forced to dance at strip clubs, mother says
- Man accused of holding 8 women captive in Sandy Springs mansion
- Teen wakes up to find strange man in her bedroom
- Investigators say ‘sliding' thefts making their way to north metro
- Leanna Taylor Exclusive: Life after her ex-husband killed their son in a hot car
- Homeowner dodges bullet in home invasion
- Teen shot, killed near Roswell apartment complex
- Assistant attorney resigns after Facebook allegations on Muslims
- GDOE orders schools to comply with student restraint law
- Man hit, left for dead in Johns Creek
- Case could be dismissed for 2 accused of killing infant
- Hundreds gather to discuss and combat anti-Semitism
- Crews taking down dozens of trees near cemetery
- Road rage suspect charged for allegedly pulling gun on another driver
- Court orders require upkeep of detention ponds
- Teen recovering after police said 3 men jumped and robbed her
- Woman says loan application led to stolen identity
- Water leak outside senior living facility causing concern
- Man beaten with bat during road rage incident
- Man accused of holding women against their will, has most charges…
- Judge dismisses several charges against human trafficking suspect
- Man says water department ignored requests to fix major leak
- Homeowner accused of running commercial personal care home in neighborhood
- DUI leads to man being busted for more serious charges
- Avalon project to double in size and jobs
- Police: Woman killed, another woman left to die inside hotel room
- Roswell man says he was attacked right outside his home
- Loaded gun stolen from former Braves pitcher
- Police charge man accused of impersonating a cop
- Deputies charge teen accused of pulling knife on younger boy