Jodie is an Emmy award-winning investigative reporter who joined the Channel 2 Action News team in 2007. She primarily covers stories with an emphasis on government waste and corruption.
In 2015, Jodie was honored by the FBI Director with a Community Leadership Award for a series of investigative reports which exposed Georgia’s legal loophole that encouraged widespread criminal activity by sovereign citizens who used fake deeds to steal foreclosed homes.
The resulting law-change was the culmination of more than four years of reporting, that was also recognized with a 2012 Alfred I. du Pont Award from Columbia University, one of broadcasting’s highest honors.
Jodie has been honored with four Regional Edward R. Murrow Awards for investigative reports on a wide range of topics, including the cause of death of a young pregnant woman being changed from ‘suicide’ to ‘unknown’ as the case was reopened following our investigation, and the state shutting down a fraudulent drug rehab facility run by the Church of Scientology after a year-long series of WSB-TV stories.
Jodie has been awarded 12 Southeast Regional Emmy’s including On-Camera Talent for Investigative Reporting and Specialty Reporting.
Her work has included uncovering hundreds of outdated guardrail ends still on roadways throughout Georgia, systemic errors in Fulton County’s property values, faulty breathing equipment used by firefighters, and a series of corruption investigations that led to the indictment and/or resignation of several DeKalb County officials.
Before coming to Georgia, Jodie worked at WFTV, our sister station in Orlando, Florida. She also worked at WSPA in Spartanburg and WLTX in Columbia, South Carolina.
She has been honored by the Associated Press Broadcasters in all three states for breaking news coverage, education coverage and investigative reporting.
Jodie is a native Floridian and graduated from the University of Florida with a degree in telecommunication and a minor in criminal justice. When she's not working, she enjoys boating, wake-boarding, hiking, photography and Gator football… sorry Dawgs fans!
- State opens investigation after records show reality star dodged taxes
- Judge says tax preparer accused of fraud, can keep doing taxes
- Georgia among top states for 'accidental' child shootings
- Whistleblower: Feds asked about central figure in bribery case and top ATL official
- Chemical company has yet to pay family 2 years after fire destroys legacy
- Top city official fired; FBI seizes computer, phone
- Subjects of bribery scheme tied to Mississippi contract-steering case
- City releases 1.4M pages of documents related to City Hall bribery case
- CEOs charged in bribery case gave to Atlanta mayor during controversial fundraiser
- Second contractor faces criminal charge in Atlanta City Hall bribery scandal
- Records show reality TV star likely evaded state income taxes in Georgia
- Wife says CEO who paid bribes won Atlanta contracts by fraud
- Atlanta to release requested records in bribery case, buried in 1.3M pages
- Atlanta mayor distances himself from staffer with connection to bribery scandal
- Man charged with intimidating bribery witness tied to mayor operative