Dave Huddleston came to Channel 2 Action News as a reporter/anchor in January 2012. He comes to WSB-tv after criss-crossing the country. Raised in Tacoma, Wash., Dave has won numerous awards including the 2011 Emmy for Best Anchor in Pennsylvania, Delaware and Southern New Jersey.
He and a team of reporters won a George Foster Peabody award for a series of stories on mentoring. In 2008, he won another national award, the National Association of Black Journalist's Salute to Excellence Award for a report on Temple Hospital's From the Cradle to the Grave Program.
Dave started his career in Seattle, Washington as a production assistant on Evening Magazine. He then moved to the Midwest and in front of the camera in Madison, Wis.
He got the call to join WCCO-TV in Minneapolis, Minn. after the news director spotted him on TV in Madison.
Philadelphia, Pa. and the FOX owned and operated station was the next stop where Dave was the primary co-anchor for the FOX 29 10 o'clock news.
He joined the CBS station, KYW in Philadelphia and helped launched Eyewitness News at 10 on the CW Philly and the Emmy award winning Brotherly Love Report, a series of stories of average citizens doing great things through volunteer activities.
Dave has sat on numerous local and national boards including the National Marrow Donor Program, Washington State University's Foundation, and was an executive board member for the Penn-Jersey Red Cross and executive board member for the Philadelphia Gift of Life Organization.
Dave joined the National Bone Marrow Registry and donated bone marrow to a 17- year-old with leukemia.
- Deputy pays off lunch accounts for 150 students
- Vigil held for students killed in Chattanooga bus crash
- Level 2 drought response issued for parts of north Georgia
- Who makes decisions for your elderly loved ones?
- Fire department plans final send-off for dying firefighter
- Millions spent on program that pays retired officers pensions and salaries
- BUYERS BEWARE: Contracts to watch out for when buying a home
- NBA TV host Kristen Ledlow robbed at gunpoint in Atlanta
- Family trapped after car wash mop smashes through windshield
- EXCLUSIVE: Mary Norwood speaks about run for Atlanta mayor
- Companies accused of inflating prescription prices for AIDS patients
- ITT Tech closing campuses, including 4 Atlanta locations
- Travelers stranded at Atlanta airport after computer glitch
- Georgia State University buys Turner Field
- City of Atlanta considers raising minimum wage
- Mother of girls left in hot car: 'They didn't deserve to die like that'
- Concussions and sports: 'For years we ignored this injury'
- Trump officially accepts nomination for GOP presidential candidate
- GSP trooper at RNC sent to hospital after interaction with protester
- Pence accepts nomination for GOP candidate for VP
- City leaders to vote on crack-down proposal on recording studios
- Judge denies motion to stop estate sale of Diane McIver's belongings
- Police chiefs, faith community come together to fight crime
- Mayor proposes cigar bars in Atlanta airport
- Trump calls unsubstantiated Russia allegations 'nonsense'
- Turner Field to undergo major redevelopment project
- MARTA ready to expand after voters approve tax increase
- Traffic stop leads to arrest in murder case
- GDOT out treating road across Dawson County after snow
- Officials urge drivers to stay off roads ahead of winter storm
- City leaders, schools prepare for winter storm
- Marietta City Schools welcomes new superintendent
- Mothers who lost children to gun violence ask parents to step up
- Atlanta Braves pack up to leave Turner Field
- Police gearing up for the Peach Drop in Atlanta
- Deputies describe saving woman choking on chicken liver
- Newton County officers save choking woman
- Organizers plan march in Atlanta around same time as inauguration
- Community says goodbye to fallen local firefighter
- Family forgoes Christmas presents, pays off 150 school lunch accounts