Dave Huddleston came to Channel 2 Action News as a reporter/anchor in January 2012. He comes to WSB-tv after criss-crossing the country. Raised in Tacoma, Wash., Dave has won numerous awards including the 2011 Emmy for Best Anchor in Pennsylvania, Delaware and Southern New Jersey.
He and a team of reporters won a George Foster Peabody award for a series of stories on mentoring. In 2008, he won another national award, the National Association of Black Journalist's Salute to Excellence Award for a report on Temple Hospital's From the Cradle to the Grave Program.
Dave started his career in Seattle, Washington as a production assistant on Evening Magazine. He then moved to the Midwest and in front of the camera in Madison, Wis.
He got the call to join WCCO-TV in Minneapolis, Minn. after the news director spotted him on TV in Madison.
Philadelphia, Pa. and the FOX owned and operated station was the next stop where Dave was the primary co-anchor for the FOX 29 10 o'clock news.
He joined the CBS station, KYW in Philadelphia and helped launched Eyewitness News at 10 on the CW Philly and the Emmy award winning Brotherly Love Report, a series of stories of average citizens doing great things through volunteer activities.
Dave has sat on numerous local and national boards including the National Marrow Donor Program, Washington State University's Foundation, and was an executive board member for the Penn-Jersey Red Cross and executive board member for the Philadelphia Gift of Life Organization.
Dave joined the National Bone Marrow Registry and donated bone marrow to a 17- year-old with leukemia.
- Several gunmen remain on the loose after gun battle in NW Atlanta
- RISE UP: City Hall hosts Atlanta Falcons pep rally
- Construction CEO pleads guilty to federal corruption, bribery charges
- Original Falcon ready for Super Bowl win
- Mayor responds to allegations of $1M bribery scandal involving city contracts
- Deputy pays off lunch accounts for 150 students
- Vigil held for students killed in Chattanooga bus crash
- Level 2 drought response issued for parts of north Georgia
- Who makes decisions for your elderly loved ones?
- Fire department plans final send-off for dying firefighter
- Millions spent on program that pays retired officers pensions and salaries
- BUYERS BEWARE: Contracts to watch out for when buying a home
- NBA TV host Kristen Ledlow robbed at gunpoint in Atlanta
- Family trapped after car wash mop smashes through windshield
- EXCLUSIVE: Mary Norwood speaks about run for Atlanta mayor
- Companies accused of inflating prescription prices for AIDS patients
- ITT Tech closing campuses, including 4 Atlanta locations
- Travelers stranded at Atlanta airport after computer glitch
- Georgia State University buys Turner Field
- City of Atlanta considers raising minimum wage
- Government watchdog urging city leaders to expose who took city hall bribes
- Woman says crews dug up yard looking for sewer line that wasn't there
- Atlanta leaders disagree on how to use proposed sales tax
- Investigation into bribery at City Hall
- Atlanta mayoral candidate accused of mishandling campaign funds
- Atlanta's information system called 311 launches again
- Students held at school while police search for six gunmen
- Dog owner charged in deadly attack asks for bond to be modified
- Student fears he can't go home because immigration executive order
- Thousands attend Falcons rally a City Hall
- City Hall hosts Atlanta Falcons pep rally
- Atlanta mayor distances himself from staffer with connection to bribery scandal
- Atlanta officials say it's too early to talk about casinos
- City Hall helps local neighborhood with flooding
- City leaders push for tighter restriction on dogs following attacks
- One of the oldest living Falcons ready for Super Bowl win