Dave Huddleston came to Channel 2 Action News as a reporter/anchor in January 2012. He comes to WSB-tv after criss-crossing the country. Raised in Tacoma, Wash., Dave has won numerous awards including the 2011 Emmy for Best Anchor in Pennsylvania, Delaware and Southern New Jersey.
He and a team of reporters won a George Foster Peabody award for a series of stories on mentoring. In 2008, he won another national award, the National Association of Black Journalist's Salute to Excellence Award for a report on Temple Hospital's From the Cradle to the Grave Program.
Dave started his career in Seattle, Washington as a production assistant on Evening Magazine. He then moved to the Midwest and in front of the camera in Madison, Wis.
He got the call to join WCCO-TV in Minneapolis, Minn. after the news director spotted him on TV in Madison.
Philadelphia, Pa. and the FOX owned and operated station was the next stop where Dave was the primary co-anchor for the FOX 29 10 o'clock news.
He joined the CBS station, KYW in Philadelphia and helped launched Eyewitness News at 10 on the CW Philly and the Emmy award winning Brotherly Love Report, a series of stories of average citizens doing great things through volunteer activities.
Dave has sat on numerous local and national boards including the National Marrow Donor Program, Washington State University's Foundation, and was an executive board member for the Penn-Jersey Red Cross and executive board member for the Philadelphia Gift of Life Organization.
Dave joined the National Bone Marrow Registry and donated bone marrow to a 17- year-old with leukemia.
- Companies accused of inflating prescription prices for AIDS patients
- ITT Tech closing campuses, including 4 Atlanta locations
- Travelers stranded at Atlanta airport after computer glitch
- Georgia State University buys Turner Field
- City of Atlanta considers raising minimum wage
- Mother of girls left in hot car: 'They didn't deserve to die like that'
- Concussions and sports: 'For years we ignored this injury'
- Trump officially accepts nomination for GOP presidential candidate
- GSP trooper at RNC sent to hospital after interaction with protester
- Pence accepts nomination for GOP candidate for VP
- Melania Trump speech, rules fury highlight first day of RNC
- Georgia's Republican delegates all for party unity ahead of convention
- Man paralyzed in diving accident runs first Peachtree Road Race
- There's a potentially fatal hidden danger in the water
- FBI questions wife of Orlando mass shooter
- Teen to serve 2 life sentences in double murder case
- Mother admits to smoking marijuana before driving with baby in car
- Communities across metro Atlanta celebrate Memorial Day
- Atlanta to host Super Bowl in 2019
- Bobbi Kristina Browns' boyfriend due in court for wrongful death lawsuit
- Atlanta filmmaker takes aim at beauty queen's cold-case killing
- Traffic a concern amidst Atlanta's population boom
- Honeywell to bring 800 high-tech jobs to Atlanta
- Honeywell to bring hundreds of new jobs to Atlanta
- Steel beam from World Trade Center on display in Oconee County
- CDC says eradication of all mosquitoes could eliminate several diseases
- Residents unaware property was being sold
- Insurance companies accused of inflating prescription prices for HIV,…
- Cobb officials want fence built around police and fire station
- Fulton County helps people spot victims of human trafficking