by: Mike Timmermann Updated:
If you’re looking for a job that you can do from the comfort of your own home, American Express is hiring!
The financial services company is hiring virtual customer care professionals who will answer incoming calls in a fast-paced environment to address customer inquiries.
This full-time position with flexible flexibility has competitive starting pay at a minimum of $15.73 an hour.
Amex is hiring remote customer service representatives
Unlike many other work-from-home jobs, Amex offers a great benefits package that includes tuition assistance, retirement programs and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans.
This position is open to residents in all U.S. states except California, Alaska and Hawaii. Training is paid.
In addition to the base hourly rate, you can receive monthly performance-based incentives based on meeting goals that are tied to customer survey results, average call handle time, schedule adherence and quality and compliance standards.
Think you’re a great fit? Here’s a list of what American Express says it’s looking for when hiring virtual customer care professionals:
- Understand the importance of managing sensitive card member information with integrity
- Possess the relevant experience of successfully interacting with customers; phone support preferred
- Actively listen and identify both spoken and unspoken needs
- Adapt your communication style to a wide variety of personalities and situations
- Commit to implementing feedback as a means to achieving individual and team performance goals
- Have the resilience needed to efficiently manage a steady stream of customer calls, while balancing performance to meet a variety of metrics
- Have a passion for consultative sales, recommending products or solutions tailored to each customer
- Have the technical savvy to multi-task and navigate through multiple Windows-based applications with speed and accuracy
- Value timeliness and reliability, as it is imperative you are at work on time and adhere to your schedule each day
American Express has been recognized by FlexJobs as a Top 100 Remote Work Company, so these jobs tend to be filled quickly. Click here to read the full job posting.
To learn about other remote jobs with Amex, go to https://jobs.americanexpress.com/virtual.