Anthony Amey joined WSB-TV in January 2010.
A native of Washington, D.C., Anthony knew at a very early age that he wanted to be holding the microphone and asking the tough questions. He co-hosted a D.C. Public Schools cable television show in high school and began interning at Washington's WTTG, at age 17, prior to his senior year at Paul Laurence Dunbar High School.
After enjoying a 5-year work-study internship at the station, Anthony graduated from Hampton University in 1998 and immediately began his on-air career at WDAM-TV in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Since then, he has made stops in Mobile, Ala., Sacramento, Ca., ESPN, and back home in Washington.
Anthony won the 2010 NATAS Emmy for best one-time sports program for the Falcons-Saints Monday Night Football Pregame Show.
Anthony is married to his college sweetheart and they have two sons.
- Falcons RB Freeman on playing with Coleman: 'We are the best duo in the NFL'
- Rookies, dreamers showcase themselves for the NFC champions
- Metro Atlanta man set to cash in on extremely rare baseball card
- Did the Hawks improve by demoting their head coach and GM?
- Former Braves nemesis proves his love of the game remains strong
- Although still a youngster, Beasley ready to lead
- Bobby Cox sees statue at SunTrust Park for first time
- Former star freshman trying to hold off star freshman
- Honoring the true Home Run King: Braves unveil Hank Aaron statue
- Georgia Tech QB shows versatility during Pro Day
- UGA's Reggie Davis ready to run himself into NFL draft
- The rich can get richer by adding Poe
- Hawks harmony restored?
- Excitement building ahead of Atlanta United opener
- Some of the best pass rushers of all-time came from local HBCU
- Malcolm Mitchell: A champion on and off the field
- KSU Owls no longer have people asking 'Who?'
- Heartbreaking collapse, but a super future within reach for Falcons
- Dwight Freeney has 'huge respect' for Tom Brady
- After 12 years, Babineaux hoping for Super Bowl win